NASA’s 10 major centers, plus its headquarters in Washington, D.C., are joined by eight smaller facilities — Goddard Institute for Space Studies (New York City), Independent Verification & Validation Facility (West Virginia), Michoud Assembly Facility (New Orleans), NASA Shared Services Center (Mississippi), Plum
Where are the ten NASA centers?
- NASA consists of its Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and 10 field centers.
- Arizona, Southern California.
- Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin.
- Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,
- Eastern Shore of Virginia, Maryland & Delaware.
Where are NASA facilities located?
There are NASA facilities across the United States and around the world. NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC provides overall guidance and political leadership to the agency.
Where are the space centers in the United States?
- Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, FL.
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Chantilly, VA.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Washington DC.
- Virginia Air and Space Center, Hampton, VA.
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL.
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL.
- Spaceport America, NM.
How many launch sites does NASA have?
There are over 40 launch complexes on the Space Coast, divided between the civilian Kennedy Space Center and the military Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Kennedy only has three launch pads—39A, 39B, and 39C, two of which became inactive after the space shuttle era.
Where is the biggest NASA located?
United States of America: National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) NASA headquarters, in Washington, D.C., exercises management over the NASA Field Centers, establishes management policies, and analyzes all phases of the ISS program. Johnson Space Center in Houston, directs the station program.
Can I visit NASA?
NASA Visitor Centers « VisitNASA.com – NASA Visitor Centers VisitNASA.com – NASA Visitor Centers. The NASA Visitor Centers and space shuttle locations offer unique exhibitions and presentations. Passport to Explore Space holders receive special savings on admission, tours, food and retail at each location.