What country is the most in debt 2018?
Top 10 Countries with Largest National Debt-to-GDP in 2018
- Japan. National Debt: ¥1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD)
- Greece. National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US)
- Portugal. National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US)
- Italy. National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US)
- Bhutan. National Debt:$2.33 billion (USD)
- United States of America.
What country is the most in debt 2019?
As of June 2019, the nation with the highest debt-to-GDP ratio is Japan with a ratio of 253%. The next highest ratio is from Greece, which at 181.1%, lags significantly behind Japan.
Which countries are most in debt?
According to the CIA World Factbook, these are the most indebted countries in the world.
- The United States (US) The US has a total of 29.27 trillion dollars of external debt, translating to around 45% of the total debt owed.
- The United Kingdom (UK)
- Foreign Debts and the National Economy.
Which countries have no debt?
Here are the 17 countries with the lowest level of government debt.
- Hong Kong —0.1%. Ronnie Chua/Shutterstock.
- Brunei — 3.1%. Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque, Brunei.
- Estonia — 9.5%. GuilhermeMesquita/Shutterstock.
- Saudi Arabia — 12.4%.
- Botswana — 13.9%.
- Russia — 17%.
- Kuwait — 18.6%.
- Nigeria —18.6%.